Sat, Dec 04|
Intro to full suspension - Pauline Massimo (recording)
This workshop is a detailed introduction to full suspension from Pauline’s perspective and experience as a rope model, rigger and self-tying person. They will guide you with theory, concepts and exercises about how to introduce full suspensions in the safest way possible.
TIME & PLATFORM
Dec 04, 2021, 11:00 AM – Dec 05, 2021, 2:30 PM
Intro to full suspension (2 hours and a half)
When buying a ticket for this class you will have access to the class recording.
What you will learn:
Pauline will guide students through their process of entering full suspensions. As Shibari is a dangerous practice that is done poorly, with little knowledge and little care from both parties, it can get even more dangerous with full suspensions as we add more the element of gravity on this play, a small mistake can be terrifying.
In this introductory workshop, Pauline firstly will go throw several safety aspects needed to take into account while starting into full suspensions, then they will show first exercises to work on before starting to suspend someone or oneself, and lastly, they will show two examples of suspensions to start off and to progressively dip into creating beautiful shapes, leaving room for creativity and a steady base for riggers suspending.
• This class is intended for all levels above total beginners to play and apply accordingly to each person's skills and interests. However, students who wish to practice the partial exercises should be able to know well and work with uplines and tie their harnesses well, as safe as possible and comfortably on their models. And models should have a minimum experience being tied up as well be able to identify and communicate signs related to nerve injury and other types of injuries/negative feelings to their riggers and know a good minimum of their limits and boundaries.
***If you don't have that base yet, please check our previous workshops that teach those bases ("flow and floor work" and "introduction to uplines") and we highly recommend you get this class in combination with our previous workshop happening on 14th November (on "Partial Flow Suspension")
• You will need your own ropes and safety cutting tool.
• You might need at minimum 4 natural ropes (jute or hemp) for practising the most basic exercises, and up to as many as you need for more complex exercises. Ideally 6-8 pieces of rope.
• This class will have equally both technical hands-on exercises as theoretical ideas being discussed and we recommend having something to add notes.
• The class will happen on Zoom, a link to the live class will be sent after the purchase automatically. If you cannot attend this class live, access to the recording will be sent approximately 24 hours after the live class ends, and the recording of the class will be available for 30 days after the live class ends.
• Please respect the class ticket policy.
• Only the teacher's main camera will be recorded, attendees windows will not be part of the recording.
• The workshop is designed originally by Pauline Massimo based on their several years of knowledge and experience.
• Taxes are included in the ticket price.
•The workshop is offered at scale prices depending on the availability and limit date, as well we are offering other workshops that complement each other as a package, which prices are more accessible.
•If choosing the package option, the zoom link of the other classes will be sent via email close to the date.
If you have any questions, request please let us know via email or form.
Early bird ticket
This is an early bird ticket for one person, this ticket option is limited. Please buy the correct amount of tickets if you are more than one person to be fair.€17.00+€0.43 service feeSold Out
This is a regular ticket, which will be available until the last minute. Please buy the correct amount of tickets if you are more than one person to be fair.€20.00+€0.50 service fee
When purchasing this ticket it will give access to the original buyer and help another person who cannot afford fully or partially access this class.€25.00+€0.63 service fee
Package 2 Workshops
This package is for two workshops by Pauline Massimo related to partial and full suspensions. Choose an option on the form. Please buy the correct amount of tickets if you are more than one person to be fair.€33.00+€0.83 service fee
Package 3 Workshops
This package is for 3 workshops by Pauline Massimo related to partial and full suspensions. Please buy the correct amount of tickets if you are more than one person to be fair.€45.00+€1.13 service fee