Fri, Nov 25|
Vertical suspensions - Pauline Massimo
Pauline will share in this workshop their own method of working with vertical suspensions. As they are known to create various types of creative and comfy suspensions with transitions, working with the model to create challenging but enjoyable vertical suspensions.
TIME & PLATFORM
Nov 25, 2022, 3:00 PM GMT+1 – Nov 30, 2022, 5:00 PM GMT+1
Vertical Suspensions (2 hours) 25th Nov from 15:00 to 17:00 CET
When buying a ticket after the live class ends, you will have access to the class recording when available.
What you will learn:
Vertical suspension is a specific type of suspension where the body holds a vertical/upright position as if you were standing on your own but suspended in ropes. There are many possibilities to create shapes inspired by verticality while the model's head and torso can keep their standing position, the hips and legs can vary in different forms which makes this type of suspension quite challenging for the model to be in, can be very risky for injuries, as well can cause different problems of dizziness and other unwell sensations if not done properly or with care. Riggers can find those positions pretty hard to achieve as it is required a lot of technical understanding about ropes and body mechanics but also making it look like a true vertical shape.
Pauline is known to create interesting forms with the body and creative suspensions methods in their career, and in this workshop, they will share some of the basis of their method to create challenging but enjoyable vertical positions while prioritizing safety and the model needs. Everybody has a different body and mind and this is what Pauline is most interested in. Break free from copy & paste method and start to enjoy your own practice. Pauline will share the theoretical method behind their ideas of playing with vertical suspensions and their possible transitions, then will show some exercises and examples to be inspired from after this workshop.
• This class is intended for all levels above beginners with good knowledge about the single-column and double-column, basic to complex frictions, know how to tie at least one type of chest harness that works well for their model, at least one type of hip/leg harness that works well for their model, and know how to do and manage uplines for suspensions. You should not be a beginner rigger into suspensions have done at least several and understand not only the risks but the complexities that can have to do suspensions safely. If you are a beginner rigger, please do not attend this workshop.
Please also take the time to study and understand basic anatomy and safety from blood circulation, nerves, and other types of possible injuries.
And models should have a minimum experience being tied up as well be able to identify and communicate signs related to nerve injury and other types of injuries/negative feelings to their riggers and know a good minimum of their limits and boundaries.
• You will need your own ropes and safety cutting tool.
• You might need at minimum 6 natural ropes (jute or hemp) for practicing the most basic exercises, and up to as many as you need for more complex exercises. Ideally 6-8 pieces of rope.
Access to this class recording will be sent later once finished the post-production.
• This class will have equally both technical hands-on exercises and theoretical ideas being discussed and we recommend having something to add notes.
• The class will happen on Zoom, a link to the live class will be sent after the purchase automatically. If you cannot attend this class live, access to the recording will be sent after the live class is post-produced (can take some days), and the recording of the class will be available for 30 days after the live class ends.
• Please respect the class ticket policy.
• Only the teacher's main camera will be recorded, attendees windows will not be part of the recording.
• The workshop is designed originally by Pauline Massimo based on more than 10 years of knowledge and experience.
• Taxes are included in the ticket price.
•The workshop is offered at scale prices for different economical situations.
If you have any questions, request please let us know via email or form.
Early bird ticket
+€0.43 service fee
This is an early bird ticket for one person, this ticket option is limited. Please buy the correct amount of tickets if you are more than one person to be fair.
+€0.43 service fee
+€0.50 service fee
This is a regular ticket, which will be available until the last minute unless sold out. Please buy the correct amount of tickets if you are more than one person to be fair.
+€0.50 service fee0
+€0.63 service fee
When purchasing this ticket it will give access to the original buyer and help another person who cannot afford fully or partially access this class.
+€0.63 service fee0