Wed, Mar 27|
Self-tying Hashira - Pauline Massimo
Pauline Massimo will share in this masterclass their long experience with self-tying specifically for Hashira, where the body is tied on a vertical pole for experienced students, both classic shapes as well more freestyle suspensions and transitions for those who love self-tying. Live + Recording
TIME & PLATFORM
Mar 27, 2024, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM GMT+1
Masterclass: Self-tying Hashira (3 hours)
you are buying access to the live class and its recording.
Pauline Massimo will share in this masterclass their long experience with self-tying specifically for Hashira, where the body is tied on a vertical pole for experienced students, both classic shapes as well more freestyle suspensions and transitions for those who love self-tying.
What you will learn:
- Risks, injuries, and accidents: how to avoid and/or mitigate them.
- Suspension line locking and fixed anchoring on the vertical pole/Hashira.
- Demonstrations and exercises closer to the ground and full suspension options on the Hashira.
- Special attention to the anatomy and well-being of your body tied up.
- Adaptations and creative explorations tips for different bodies and tastes.
It is very important to meet the requirements for this online workshop to ensure that the group is at a uniform level of practical knowledge and safety:
Know about safety, the anatomy of your body tied up, risks of injuries, and accidents, and how to act in each situation.
Have a good understanding of single and double-column ties and basic and complex frictions (X, L, half moon, and hitches, at least). Know how to self-tie a proper harness suitable for suspensions on the chest and lower part of the body that you find suitable and comfortable. Know how to make classic suspension line locks and have some experience suspending in general (bamboo o ring/carabiner).
As self-tying, you should have enough experience with body awareness. Know how to detect when something is not right, recognize the signs of a nerve injury, and differentiate from the numbness of blood circulation.
It would be advised to have a spotter present when you are practicing either during the workshop or outside of it. Most of the online masterclass would not be suitable to follow along but some parts can be recommended to follow along and Pauline could review it live for safety reasons.
It is recommended to have a uniform set of ropes of 7.5 meters or 8 meters and some shorter pieces, if possible.
During the workshop, you will need approximately
- 1-2 ropes for the main suspension line for the Hashira (must be new and sturdy and of good quality).
- 1-2 ropes for a Hashira "harness" when needed.
-As many other uplines you might need depending on how you prefer to tie or level.
- And the number of ropes you usually use to tie 2 harnesses on the body (average 4-6 ropes) and some extra shorter pieces may be needed.
- Your safety scissors.
Access to this class recording will be sent later once the post-production is finished.
About Pauline Massimo:
Pauline Massimo (no pronouns/they), with roots in Brazil and feet in Barcelona, co-founder of Espacio Nos and Learn Shibari.
They have been very intense and proactively involved in Shibari for a decade, exercising multiple roles as a visual artist, performer, instructor, organizer, learner, researcher, mentor, and among other things, nationally and internationally. Their way of feeling, experiencing, and exposing Shibari, starts from its interdisciplinary and multifaceted base where they explore the infinite relationships with other disciplines and ways of coexisting in the world with a strong tie to radical politics, social constructions, neurodivergence, etc.
They have vast experience giving workshops, classes, lectures, and courses on Shibari and interdisciplinary practices contributing from their own perspective as a rigger, model, and selftier in well-known rope spaces in Europe such as in England, Germany, the Czech Republic, France, Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, as well as in Brazil, Turkey, etc.
They opt for a more progressive way of studying and learning, choosing precision and detail in their classes. They work from an approach where it takes the student's existing knowledge as a starting point and helps them to realistically approach their goals, always keeping their feet on the ground with conscious practice.
When Pauline is talking about Shibari and teaching, always has in their mind the involvement of both roles with their complexities and contributing inputs. Both the rigger and model coexist independently and need attention separately, but also as a team working together in having a productive, positive, and intimate journey.
Pauline has no pronouns or gender reference but they do not mind neutral terms used toward them (They/them, for example).
• The class will happen on Zoom, a link to the live class will be sent after the purchase automatically. If you cannot attend this class live, access to the recording will be sent after the live class is post-produced (which can take several days), and the recording of the class will be available for 30 days after the live class ends.
• Please respect the class ticket policy, one ticket per person.
• Only the teacher's main camera will be recorded, attendees' windows will not be part of the recording.
• The workshop was designed originally by Pauline Massimo based on more than 10 years of knowledge and experience.
• Taxes are included in the ticket price.
•The workshop is offered at scale prices for different economic situations.
•Participants are not allowed to teach the techniques taught by Pauline without their permission.
If you have any questions, request please let us know via email or form.
- Ticket type
Regular ticketSale ends: Mar 12, 1:25 PM GMT+1
Mar 12, 1:25 PM GMT+1
This is a regular-price ticket, which will be available until sold out and for a limited time.Price€55.00
+€1.38 service fee+€1.38 service fee
- Ticket type
This late ticket is for a late or last-minute purchase.Price€67.00
+€1.68 service fee+€1.68 service fee