Tue, Nov 15|
Streaming on our platform
Restricted movements - Pauline Massimo
Pauline will introduce tools and frameworks for tying in movement for couple/pair dynamics. Getting influences from different types of dances and movements applied to Shibari. Mixed levels.
TIME & PLATFORM
Nov 15, 2022, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM GMT+1
Streaming on our platform
RESTRICTED MOVEMENTS - Pauline Massimo
15th november from 19:30 to 21:30 CET
Please read the full description. When purchasing a ticket for this class you will get live and recording access.
About this class:
Pauline will introduce tools and frameworks for tying in movement for pairs/couples. Getting influences from different types of dances and movements applied to Shibari. We will use movement research and ropes as a tool for self-expression and guidance.
They will share movement exercises to warm the body and understands its own movement ranges.
Then they will show more exercises with rope and movement for different levels of difficulty.
Learn how to tie on the ground, play with the force of gravity closer to the ground and with the delicate line of imbalance while in different positions in movement.
Learn how to tie in movement while doing partial and full suspensions. This part of the class will be a bit more advanced but most of the exercises can be adapted depending on the student's level and skills, however, the risks are higher and it should be practised with an experienced spotter.
This class is for mixed levels, meaning there will be some requisites to be aware of before attending this class, but generally, all levels are welcome as well many topics shown could be applied and adapted to different levels of experience and interests. Pauline will advise during the class, on which things could be harder or more complicated for more beginners, and they will make sure that some complex topics and exercises will be covered for more advanced self-tying folks.
What do you need to know before this class:
• Ideally, you should have attended Pauline Massimo Total Beginners Workshop (online) and Frictions Study (online) to follow this class or have the experience and equivalent knowledge of the classes mentioned.
-Understanding of single and double columns, non-collapsible knot, basic to complex frictions, knowledge about possible injuries from being tied, nerve compression and blood circulation issues, risk profile and so on.
• You will need your own ropes and safety cutting tool. The number of ropes can vary for this class, we could approximately count 3-4 pieces minimum, ideally 6-8 pieces, but it depends on how many layers you tie on usually.
About the presenter:
Pauline Massimo, Brazilian born and based in Barcelona, is an interdisciplinary artist who researchs intensively with Shibari for over 9 years, body expression, movement study, performance and photography. They are the co-founder of Learn Shibari and Espacio Nos (Barcelona), who study and work on building a heterarchical local community focusing on LGBTQIA+, femmes/women, neurodiverse and socio-economically marginalised collectives with a strong base on radical politics in its building.
Pauline's evolution in ropes/Shibari has been not only intense but interchanging with different experiences of tying, being tied up and self-tying over the years, a constant study and learning process with others, as well as sharing their knowledge and opportunities to erase gaps as much as possible when it comes to education and accessibility for ropes and more.
• We highly recommend during the live class to ask questions and concerns.
• Attendees can have their cameras on during the class, we will record only the instructor's camera.
• This class is not intended to be fully followed along on the live streaming but you can do it if your skills and timing are suitable for the class development.
• The class will happen on our own live streaming platform. The link comes automatically to your confirmation email after the purchase.
• Attendees will have access to this class recording for 7 days to watch as many times as they wish.
• If you have some needs to be accommodated for this class, please contact us before buying tickets.
• The workshop is designed originally by Pauline Massimo based on 10 years of knowledge and experience.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
This is a regular ticket, which will be available until the last minute. Please buy the correct amount of tickets if you are more than one person to be fair.€22.00+€0.55 service fee
When purchasing this ticket it will give access to the original buyer and help another person who cannot afford fully or partially access this class.€24.00+€0.60 service fee