Mon, Sep 19|
Partial Hashira - Pauline Massimo
Pauline Massimo will share their favourite ways of partially suspending on a vertical pole (hashira). Find creative ways of doing ropes as well as taking a more sustainable approach to hashira suspensions. Hands-on workshop.
TIME & PLATFORM
Sep 19, 2022, 7:00 PM GMT+2 – Sep 23, 2022, 9:00 PM GMT+2
Partial Hashira - Pauline Massimo
19 September 19:00 to 21:00
When buying a ticket for this class you will have access to the live class and class recording. If buying a ticket passed the date of the live class, you are getting only access to the recording.
What you will learn:
In this hands-on and technical class, Pauline will share their favourite ways of partially suspending on a vertical pole (hashira). Find creative ways of doing ropes as well as taking a more sustainable approach to hashira suspensions.
This class will be focused on introducing the specific technique to make uplines on a vertical pole (hashira) and creating varied ways of partially suspending. Pauline will show some great start-off examples of how to start to play on a hashira close to the ground, which will bring a much more sustainable possibility for both riggers and models as well as a safer ground to explore hashiras uplines management.
If you are a self-tying person, surely all the knowledge shared in this class will be also suitable for that kind of play with some adaptations under consideration.
We highly recommend you have a safe hashira point installed to practice this type of partially suspending. You could definitely install an improvised vertical pole to practice the uplines without a person (for safety reasons). And there are some types of poles that the methods would not work as well, such as metal with very smooth superficies compared with optimal superficies like wood, bamboo, and rugose metal.
• Learn how to make hashira uplines, in two different ways.
• Safety aspects about vertical suspensions in general, hashiras and installations.
• Demonstrations of partial suspension ideas on a hashira.
This class is not intended to follow along with the live class. Pauline will be replying to questions and showing details when requested in the live class.
This class will not teach how to suspend in general terms, if students are not experienced in suspending, we do not recommend it until there is enough experience with a trained and competent in-person instructor helping with the process.
• This class is intended for intermediated and high intermediated levels. you should be confident in basic skills tying and being tied, as well as know how to do basic uplines on regular suspension points, and part of this skill should involve understanding the high risks about it, possibilities of injuries and how to minimize them, anatomy and body handling skills.
Models should have a similar level of experience and skills in their field, such as being able to identify and communicate signs related to nerve injury and other types of injuries, navigate and express sensations to their riggers and know a good well their limits and boundaries.
• You will need your own ropes and safety cutting tool.
• The number of ropes can vary for this class, you should have approximately enough ropes for upper body harness of preference (depends on how many layers you tie on and the body size of the tied-up person), lower body harnesses are optional, plus at least 3 full-length pieces for uplines. We recommend you have at least 1-2 extra more in case needed.
• This class will have equally both technical hands-on exercises as theoretical ideas being discussed and we recommend having something to add notes.
• The class will happen on our website's built-in live streaming system, a link to the live class will be sent after the purchase automatically. If you cannot attend this class live, access to the recording will be available for 7 days after the class ends.
• Please respect the class ticket policy.
• Only the teacher's main camera will be recorded, attendees windows will not be part of the recording.
• The workshop is designed originally by Pauline Massimo based on more than 10 years of knowledge and experience.
• Taxes are included in the ticket price.
•The workshop is offered at scale prices depending on the availability and limited date.
If you have any questions, request please let us know via email or form.
This is an early bird ticket for one person, this ticket option is limited. Please buy the correct amount of tickets if you are more than one person to be fair.€25.00+€0.63 service feeSale ended
This is a late ticket, which will be available until the last minute. Please buy the correct amount of tickets if you are more than one person to be fair.€30.00+€0.75 service fee
When purchasing this ticket it will give access to the original buyer and help another person who cannot afford fully or partially access this class.€35.00+€0.88 service fee