Thu, Jul 06|
Minimalist Harnesses 6th July
This class offers a series of minimalist harnesses that require 1 to 2 ropes while maintaining full functionality and variations of uses, all suitable for self-tying. Access to the live class and its recording.
TIME & PLATFORM
Jul 06, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM GMT+2
By purchasing a ticket for this class you will have access to the live class and a recording of the class.
This class offers a series of minimalist harnesses that require 1-2 ropes while maintaining full functionality and variations of uses, all suitable for self-tying.
6 July 12:00-13:30 CEST/GMT+2 (Spain time).
What you will learn:
- Step-by-step demonstration of trunk, leg, and hip harnesses.
- Explanation of anatomy, possible injury risks, and how to mitigate them.
- Demonstration of line attachment to each harness taught.
*No harness that includes the arms of the person tied in will be included so that self-tying is possible. But each student can explore and explore these variations if needed in their own practice.
All practical exercises will be shown in different ways. These examples are for practice and to help improve technical skills and understanding of the technique explained.
This class is ideal for anyone who wants to learn Shibari slightly more advanced level with previous knowledge and practice in basic concepts.
The content and exercises shown are suitable for both people in couples and for people on their own self-tying.
We recommend you attend this class together with the Complex Harnesses (13th July) which is a slightly advanced class that can be taken both together as a progressive program to learn and understand how classic harnesses are constructed. However, if you are a total beginner, please do not join this class, a "Shibari Intro" would be more appropriate with a "Frictions Study" online class is more suitable for newcomers.
We offer a package with a discounted price if you join both classes.
This class is not suitable for inexperienced beginners, you should know before attending this practical class the basic knowledge below.
- Practical communication skills for negotiation and consent in Shibari.
- Understanding safety tips to minimize accidents and injuries while tying/being tied.
- Anatomy knowledge of the tied body and how to recognize signs of common hazards.
- How to tie the single-column tie and double-column tie with a complex knot, e.g. the Somerville Bowline knot. Basic friction, complex frictions (X, L, Half Moon, and Infinity).
- Knowing how to fluently employ the rope on the body and how to handle the body tied/self-tied.
- You will need your own ropes (2-3 ropes) and safety scissors. Ropes should be jute or hemp, 7-8 meters long, and 5-6 millimeters thick.
- Something to take note of.
- The class recording will be available for 15 days after being post-produced and emailed, post-production may take several days to be done, so please be patient. make sure your email is correct!!!!!
- Only Pauline's camera will be recorded.
- This class is not intended to be followed but we recommend attending live for questions and further requests for information.
- Ticket type
Early bird ticket
This is an early bird ticket for one person, this ticket option is limited in time and quantity. Live and recoding available.Price€20.00
+€0.50 service fee+€0.50 service feeSale ended
- Ticket type
This is a regular-price ticket available until is sold out. Live and class recordings are available.Price€25.00
+€0.63 service fee+€0.63 service fee
- Ticket type
Minimalist & Complex PACK
This is a special offer pack for the Minimalist Harnesses & Complex Harnesses class for a discounted price. Limited. Live and class recordings are available.Price€55.00
+€1.38 service fee+€1.38 service fee