Sun, Dec 18|
Intro to Hashira & floating bamboo - Pauline Massimo & Marta
Pauline will share in this workshop their takeaways methods learned over a decade about Hashiras and floating bamboo. Personally one of their favorite way of getting creative and focusing on creating a great experience with their model. Suitable for self-tying people.
TIME & PLATFORM
Dec 18, 2022, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM GMT+1
Special Workshop: Intro to Hashira and floating bamboo (3 hours)
When buying a ticket for this workshop you will have access to the live workshop and class recording.
This online workshop will provide the technical, theoretical, and practical basics to begin to understand Hashiras and vertical bamboo suspension. Pauline will instruct participants to find their most unique ways to self-develop in this high-risk practice, accompanying from basic to more complex fundamentals for both models & riggers, but also suitable for self-tying participants.
What you will learn:
- Risks, injuries, and accidents: how to avoid and/or mitigate them.
- Suspension line locking in vertical bamboo and fixed Hashiras.
- Demonstrations and exercises with static partial and low suspensions, static full suspensions, and more complex dynamic suspensions.
- Special attention to the anatomy and well-being of the model.
- Adaptations and creative explorations.
It is very important to meet the requirements for this online workshop to ensure that the group is at a uniform level of practical knowledge.
Know about safety, the anatomy of the model, risks of injuries, accidents, and how to act in each situation.
Have a good understanding of single and double-column ties and basic and complex frictions. Know how to tie a proper harness suitable for suspensions on the chest and lower part of the body that your model finds comfortable. Know how to make suspension line locks, and have some experience suspending.
The model must have enough experience (as well suspended) and body awareness. Know how to communicate when something is not right and recognize the signs of a nerve injury and differentiate from the numbness of blood circulation.
During the workshop it will not be mandatory to be tied in Takate Kote if you don't want to, different possibilities will be offered so that everyone is comfortable and safer.
A self-tying person should be able to accomplish both role's requirements.
It would be advised to have a spotter present when you are practicing either during the workshop or outside of it. Most of the online workshop would not be suitable to follow along but some parts can be recommended to follow along and Pauline could review it live for safety reasons.
It is recommended to have a uniform set of ropes of 7.5 meters or 8 meters and some shorter pieces, if possible.
During the workshop, you will need approximately
- 1 rope for the suspension line for the floating bamboo (must be new and sturdy and of good quality).
- 4-5 ropes for suspension lines (preferably 2-3 of them should be as new as possible).
- And the number of ropes you usually use to tie 2 harnesses on the body (average 4-6 ropes) and some extra shorter pieces may be needed.
- Your own safety scissors.
Access to this class recording will be sent later once finished the post-production.
About Pauline Massimo:
Pauline Massimo (no pronouns/they), with roots in Brazil and feet in Barcelona, co-founder of Espacio Nos and Learn Shibari.
They have been very intense and proactively involved in Shibari for a decade, exercising multiple roles as a visual artist, performer, instructor, organizer, learner, researcher, mentor, and among other things, nationally and internationally. Their way of feeling, experiencing, and exposing Shibari, starts from its interdisciplinary and multifaceted base where they explore the infinite relationships with other disciplines and ways of coexisting in the world with a strong tie to radical politics, social constructions, neurodivergence, etc.
They have vast experience giving workshops, classes, lectures, and courses on Shibari and interdisciplinary practices contributing from their own perspective as a rigger, model, and selftier in well-known rope spaces in Europe such as in England, Germany, Czech Republic, France, Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, as well as in Brazil, Turkey, etc.
They opt for a more progressive way of studying and learning, choosing precision and detail in their classes. They work from an approach where it takes the student's existing knowledge as a starting point and helps them to realistically approach their goals, always keeping their feet on the ground with conscious practice.
When Pauline is talking about Shibari and teaching, always has in their mind the involvement of both roles with their own complexities and contributing inputs. Both the rigger and model coexist independently and need attention separately, but also as a team working together in having a productive, positive, and intimate journey.
As an agender person, they have no pronouns or gender reference but do not mind having neutral terms used toward them (They/them, for example).
• The class will happen on Zoom, a link to the live class will be sent after the purchase automatically. If you cannot attend this class live, access to the recording will be sent after the live class is post-produced (can take some days), and the recording of the class will be available for 30 days after the live class ends.
• Please respect the class ticket policy.
• Only the teacher's main camera will be recorded, attendees windows will not be part of the recording.
• The workshop is designed originally by Pauline Massimo based on more than 10 years of knowledge and experience.
• Taxes are included in the ticket price.
•The workshop is offered at scale prices for different economical situations.
If you have any questions, request please let us know via email or form.
Early bird ticket
+€1.00 service fee
This is an early bird ticket per participation, this ticket option is limited.
+€1.00 service fee
+€1.38 service fee
This is a regular ticket, which will be available until the last minute unless sold out per participation.
+€1.38 service fee0
+€1.63 service fee
When purchasing this ticket it will give access to the original buyer and help another person who cannot afford fully or partially access this class.
+€1.63 service fee0