TIME & PLATFORM
FRICTIONS STUDY (2 HOURS)
This ticket is for the live class and the recording.
What you will learn:
This class is a deep dive into the study of frictions in Shibari, which Pauline will explore its theoretical and practical understanding from the simplest to the most complex types of frictions and other equally important ties. This class is full of hands-on exercises accompanied with step by step guidance.
• Counter tensions, how they work structurally and how to use them at different levels.
• A formulation of how to create semi-complex frictions (nodome/Munter Hitch, uranodome/Reverse Munter Hitch and all other possibilities).
• Complex frictions systems; X friction, L friction and Half Moon friction.
• Takedome/Half Hitch, Yuki knot/Half Hitch on a Bight, Hojo cuff/Inline cuff, Kannukis/Cinches and examples when it is most useful to tie them.
• From simple to more complex ways of joining one rope to another. • Hair ties, fabrics and other objects starting from the bight or from the tail leftover rope.
• Single column and double column with a Musubime/Square knot (or Reef knot), with the Granny knot, the Somerville Bowline knot, and Quick Release Somerville Bowline knot.
All the practical exercises will be shown in a variety of ways. Those examples are for practice to help improve the technical skills and understanding of the technique explained.
What you need to know before:
You should have attended the Total Beginners workshop by Pauline, or have the equivalent knowledge from the same workshop as a rigger, rope model and self-tying person. In this class, we will not teach a step by step how to tie a single column from scratch but we will show how to tie each different knot applied to them.
Those are the basic knowledge you should have before attending this class:
• Practical communication skills for negotiation and consent in Shibari.
• Understand safety keys to minimize accidents and damages while tying/tied.
• Anatomy knowledge about the tied up body and how to recognize signs of common risks. • How to tie a single column tie and double column tie at least with a Somerville bowline knot.
• Minimal flow exercises and body handling.
• You will need at least 2-3 pieces of standard sized ropes to be able to do the exercises and a safety cutting tool.
• As a rope model, you must have minimal experience tied up before doing the exercises, be able to be tied in certain areas and restricted into the base positions, recognise the signs of possible injuries related to blood circulation and nerve compression, and be able to negotiate before the scene and communicate needs and possible issues with your partner.
Details of the class:
• We highly recommend during the live class to ask questions and concerns.
• Attendees can have their camera on during the class, we will record only the instructor camera.
• This class is not intended to be fully followed but you can do it if your skills and timing are suitable for the class development.
• The class will happen on Zoom, a link to the live class will be sent after the purchase automatically. If you cannot attend this class live, access to the recording will be sent approximately 2-3 days after the live class ends.
• Attendees will have access to this class recording for 30 days to watch as many times as they wish.
• If you have some needs to be accommodated for this class, please contact us before buying our tickets.
• This class is fully suitable (from theoretical to practical) for both couples and single attendees.
• Please respect the class ticket policy if you attend as a couple or solo. (you have to buy twice the ticket if you attend as a pair/couple).
• The workshop is designed originally by Pauline Massimo based on their several years of knowledge and experience.
- Sold OutEarly bird ticket€17+€0.43 Service fee€17+€0.43 Service fee0€0
- Solidarity ticket€25+€0.63 Service fee€25+€0.63 Service fee0€0
- Package ticket€30+€0.75 Service fee€30+€0.75 Service fee0€0
- Full Package Ticket€45+€1.13 Service fee€45+€1.13 Service fee0€0