Developing your self-tying - Part II
TIME & PLATFORM
Developing your self-tying - Part II
When purchasing this class after the 20th July 17:00 CEST (when happens live) you are only receiving the class recording access.
About this class:
As part of 2 class series, Pauline will introduce tools and framework to develop a self-tying practice centring on creating a scene using creativity and your own body expressions.
-Pauline will share some movement improvisation exercises and tips on how to find your own flow, time and space to play with ropes.
-They will share how they elaborate a scene using two concepts as the base of this exercise.
-A framework of how to introduce objects into the rope play, creating a meaningful experience and a storyline.
-They will share some ideas of the benefits of creating a bubble for oneself and work to overcome the shyness of being seen without looking for an audience base performance type of self-tying.
-If there is enough time left, they will demo some of those elements combined and reply to some questions at the end.
This class is for mixed levels, meaning there will be some requisites to be aware of before attending this class, but generally, all levels mixed are welcome as well many topics and things are shown could be applied and adapted to different levels of experience and interests. Pauline will advise during the class, which are the things that could be harder or more complicated for more beginners, as well they will make sure that some complex topics and exercises will be covered to more advanced self-tying folks.
What do you need to know before this class:
• Ideally, you should have attended Pauline Massimo Total Beginners Workshop (online) and Frictions Study (online) to follow this class or have the experience and equivalent knowledge of the classes mentioned.
-Understanding of single and double columns, non-collapsible knot, basic to complex frictions, knowledge about possible injuries from being tied, nerve compression and blood circulation issues, risk profile and so on.
• You will need your own ropes and safety cutting tool. The number of ropes can vary for this class, we could approximately count 3 to 4 pieces, but it depends on how many layers you tie on usually.
About the presenter:
Pauline Massimo, Brazilian born and based in Barcelona, is an interdisciplinary artist and researcher that works intensively with Shibari for over 9 years, body expression, movement research, performance and photography. They are the co-founder of Learn Shibari and Espacio Nos (Barcelona), who study and work on building a heterarchical local community focusing on LGBTQIA+, femmes/women, neurodiverse and socio-economically marginalised collectives with a strong base on radical politics of its building.
Pauline evolution in ropes/Shibari has been not only intense, but interchanging with different experiences of tying, being tied up and self-tying over the years, a constant study and learning process with others, as well as sharing their knowledge and opportunities to erase as much as possible gaps when it comes to education and accessibility for ropes and more.
• We highly recommend during the live class to ask questions and concerns.
• Attendees can have their camera on during the class, we will record only the instructor camera.
• This class is not intended to be fully followed along but you can do it if your skills and timing are suitable for the class development.
• The class will happen on Zoom, a link to the live class will be sent after the purchase automatically. If you cannot attend this class live, access to the recording will be sent approximately 2-3 days after the live class ends.
• Attendees will have access to this class recording for 30 days to watch as many times as they wish.
• We offer a package ticket with a special price for the two parts, you will receive access to all classes live and recording.
• If you have some needs to be accommodated for this class, please contact us before buying tickets.
• The workshop is designed originally by Pauline Massimo based on their several years of knowledge and experience.
• We pass a checklist for the live class on Zoom, please make sure your Zoom publicly displayed username is matched, if not, please send us an email. You can edit your public username on Zoom settings without changing the legal name of the account holder, and you can use any username you wish and keep your privacy intact, but if the username is not matching we won't let people in.
- Late Ticket€20+€0.50 Service fee€20+€0.50 Service fee0€0
- Package ticket€30+€0.75 Service fee€30+€0.75 Service fee0€0
- Solidarity ticket€25+€0.63 Service fee€25+€0.63 Service fee0€0