Thu, May 18|
All the Up-lines + safety
Learn how to make almost all common and useful up-lines for a floor, partial and full suspension on a ring/carabiner, and horizontal bamboo. This class includes valuable information about hard points and safety that you should know before starting to do up-lines.
TIME & PLATFORM
May 18, 2023, 12:00 AM – 2:30 PM GMT+2
All the Up-lines + safety (2,5 hours) with Pauline Massimo
When buying a ticket for this class you will have access to the live class and class recording.
What you will learn:
• Intro about materials and hard points.
• Overview of different materials for suspension (ring/carabiner, bamboo).
• Safety keys to minimizing accidents and damages to everyone involved.
• Overview of commonly used attachments on harnesses and ties (anchoring).
• Step-by-step of different uplines on different materials for a variety of complexity levels.
• Tip & tricks exercise for uplines rope handling on up-lines.
• Tips & tricks on how to manage leftover ropes efficiently.
• We believe that anyone above the total beginners level could start to play with up-lines in a safer way, and we do recommend everyone taking this class to be mindful of their own levels, skills and limitations to not suspend bodies right away but after mastering the technique and having a proper instructor and/or a skilled experienced person to spot and help you if needed.
• You will need your own ropes and safety cutting tools, and if practising the up-lines you must have access to some well-done proper hardpoint and material for suspension (bamboo, carabiner or ring).
• You might need at minimum 2 natural ropes (jute or hemp) for practising your uplines at the same time. We do recommend more ropes if you want to include practising them in different harnesses on a person/self.
• We highly encourage first starting practising and learning the uplines on inanimate objects, such as water bottles, boxes, books, etc. that are not excessively heavy or have a high risk of damaging you while doing the uplines and falling at some point.
• No model is required for this class.
• Class suitable for self-tying folks and folks who are riggers (tying others).
• Class recording will be available for 15 days after it's post-produced and sent out via email. Make sure your email is correct.
• Only Pauline's camera will be recorded.
• This class is not intended to be followed along but we recommend attending live to ask questions and more info requests.
Early bird ticket
This is an early bird ticket for one person.€25.00+€0.63 service feeSale ended
This is a regular-priced ticket for one person. Available until the last minute or until sold out.€35.00+€0.88 service fee