Thu, Jan 26|
Self-tying on Floating Hashira - Pauline Massimo
Pauline will share in this workshop their takeaways and methods learned over a decade about floating hashira/bamboo for self-tying. Personally one of their favorite way of getting creative and focusing on creating a great experience as a solo player with ropes.
TIME & PLATFORM
Jan 26, 2023, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM GMT+1
Special Workshop: Self-tying on Floating Hashira (3 hours)
When buying a ticket for this workshop you will have access to the live workshop and class recording.
This online workshop will provide the technical, theoretical, and practical basics to begin to understand Hashiras and vertical bamboo self-suspension. Pauline will instruct participants to find their most unique ways to self-develop in this high-risk practice, accompanying from basic to more complex fundamentals exclusively thought to self-tiers.
What you will learn:
- Risks, injuries, and accidents: how to avoid and/or mitigate them.
- Suspension line locking in vertical bamboo and fixed Hashiras.
- Demonstrations and exercises from static partial and low suspensions, static full suspensions, and more complex dynamic suspensions.
- Special attention to the anatomy and well-being of your body tied up.
- Adaptations and creative explorations.
It is very important to meet the requirements for this online workshop to ensure that the group is at a uniform level of practical knowledge.
Know about safety, the anatomy of the model, risks of injuries, accidents, and how to act in each situation.
Have a good understanding of single and double-column ties and basic and complex frictions. Know how to tie a proper harness suitable for suspensions on the chest and lower part of the body that you find comfortable. Know how to make suspension line locks, and have some experience self-suspending.
You should have enough experience with body awareness. Know how to detect when something is not right and recognize the signs of a nerve injury and differentiate from the numbness of blood circulation.
It would be advised to have a spotter present when you are practicing either during the workshop or outside of it. Most of the online workshop would not be suitable to follow along but some parts can be recommended to follow along and Pauline could review it live for safety reasons.
It is recommended to have a uniform set of ropes of 7.5 meters or 8 meters and some shorter pieces, if possible.
During the workshop, you will need approximately
- 1 rope for the suspension line for the floating bamboo (must be new and sturdy and of good quality).
- 3-4 ropes for suspension lines (preferably 2-3 of them should be as new as possible).
- And the number of ropes you usually use to tie 2 harnesses on the body (average 4-6 ropes) and some extra shorter pieces may be needed.
- Your own safety scissors.
- Highly recommend having an extra new or even reinforced rope for the pulling system in case you have an extra hand help/spotter to take you down or pull you up.
Access to this class recording will be sent later once finished the post-production.
About Pauline Massimo:
Pauline Massimo (no pronouns/they), with roots in Brazil and feet in Barcelona, co-founder of Espacio Nos and Learn Shibari.
They have been very intense and proactively involved in Shibari for a decade, exercising multiple roles as a visual artist, performer, instructor, organizer, learner, researcher, mentor, and among other things, nationally and internationally. Their way of feeling, experiencing, and exposing Shibari, starts from its interdisciplinary and multifaceted base where they explore the infinite relationships with other disciplines and ways of coexisting in the world with a strong tie to radical politics, social constructions, neurodivergence, etc.
They have vast experience giving workshops, classes, lectures, and courses on Shibari and interdisciplinary practices contributing from their own perspective as a rigger, model, and selftier in well-known rope spaces in Europe such as in England, Germany, the Czech Republic, France, Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, as well as in Brazil, Turkey, etc.
They opt for a more progressive way of studying and learning, choosing precision and detail in their classes. They work from an approach where it takes the student's existing knowledge as a starting point and helps them to realistically approach their goals, always keeping their feet on the ground with conscious practice.
When Pauline is talking about Shibari and teaching, always has in their mind the involvement of both roles with their own complexities and contributing inputs. Both the rigger and model coexist independently and need attention separately, but also as a team working together in having a productive, positive, and intimate journey.
Pauline has no pronouns or gender reference but they do not mind neutral terms used toward them (They/them, for example).
• The class will happen on Zoom, a link to the live class will be sent after the purchase automatically. If you cannot attend this class live, access to the recording will be sent after the live class is post-produced (can take some days), and the recording of the class will be available for 15 days after the live class ends.
• Please respect the class ticket policy.
• Only the teacher's main camera will be recorded, attendees windows will not be part of the recording.
• The workshop is designed originally by Pauline Massimo based on more than 10 years of knowledge and experience.
• Taxes are included in the ticket price.
•The workshop is offered at scale prices for different economical situations.
If you have any questions, request please let us know via email or form.
- Ticket type
Early bird ticket
This is an early bird ticket per participation, this ticket option is limited.Price€40.00
+€1.00 service fee+€1.00 service feeSold Out
- Ticket type
This is a regular ticket, which will be available until the last minute unless sold out per participation.Price€54.00
+€1.35 service fee+€1.35 service fee
- Ticket type
When purchasing this ticket it will give access to the original buyer and help another person who cannot afford fully or partially access this class.Price€60.00
+€1.50 service fee+€1.50 service fee